[EM] New Criterion

C.Benham cbenham at adam.com.au
Fri May 23 23:37:04 PDT 2014

The example I gave below is also an example of failure of  Unburiable
Mutual Dominant Third.

I'd like to suggest a simplified and generalized version of that,
"Strategically Invulnerable Mutual Third" (SIMT):

*If a set S of candidates are all voted above all non-S candidates on
more than a third of the ballots, and if all the S
candidates pairwise-beat some non-S candidate X, then X can't win.*

This implies compliance with MDT, and means that a sincere MDT winner is
invulnerable to any sort of "offensive" strategy.

ER-IRV(whole) fails Mutual Dominant Third (MDT).

05 A=C
31 A>B
34 B>A
30 C>B

B is voted above all others on more than a third of the ballots and B is
the CW, but  ER-IRV(whole), aka AIRV, elects A.

Chris Benham