[EM] Software for STV elections - STVBallot

Peter Zbornik pzbornik at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 01:57:49 PDT 2014

Hi Juho,

we can make our program available in other languages, if there will be
any larger organisation interested in using it.
If anyone of you would know any organisation, that would consider
using the program, possibly after minor modifications, please let me
know.

STVBallot is the first freeware/shareware software to implement the
features I mentioned in my first email, that is:
- vote entry through several computers over a network without internet
or client-server architecture
- platform using Chrome Apps which is independent of operating system
- ranked STV (for instance, electing the "chairman", "vice chairman"
and "regular members of the board" in one election)
- gender quotas without "guarding" (could be extended to quotas in general)
- open source
- allowing for counting incomplete votes
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/None_of_the_above)
- allowing for immediate adopotion of any organisation, since the
algorithms are specified in our party rule book

Best regards
Peter Zborník