[EM] 2 precise and universally-applicable definitions of voting X over Y

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 10:30:14 PST 2014

Juho--

"Vote X over Y" is a generalization of "rank X over Y". In your example,
you're ranking A over B, B over C, and C over A.

You're asking more from the "voting X over Y" defnition than I am. Because
ranking X over Y can (with your hypothetical balloting-system) be done
circularly, there's nothing wrong with voting X over Y to be likewise
circuarly do-able.

You're ranking all 3 candidates over eachother circularly,and you're voting
all 3 candidates over eachother circularly.

You could define someting more global in scope, about your treatment of the
whole set of candidates. But voting X over Y is intended as what you're
doing when you rank X over Y.

Michael Ossipoff.