[EM] Benham's Method looks best among Smith + CD methods

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 18:29:44 PDT 2014

Forest--

Oops! I forgot the A voters' transfer to C.

So Woodall does as well as Benham in that example. So my example doesn't
mean that Benham is better than Woodall.   ...But Benham is a lot easier to
propose to organizations that use or offer IRV.

 You mentioned Chris's other method. Is that the one that does Condorcet,
measuring defeat-strengh by the defeater's Score minus the defeated's
score...where a candidate's Score is her pairwse support in her strongest
defeat?

That method elects C when B is middle CW, and the most favorite, and A is
least favorite, and A voters + C voters outnumer B voters, and the A voters
bury B?

Specific numeical instance of that example:

2: A>C>B (burying B)
4. B>A>C
3: C>B>A

Michael Ossipoff