[EM] Chicken Dilemma--To whom is it a problem?

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 10:04:23 PDT 2013

Kevin--

You mentioned that votes-only SDSC acts similiarly to FBC. Yes, but
FBC is necessary only for current conditions.

It is my belief that we won't get voting system reform under current
conditions anyway. If a better voting system will come about onlly in
the Green scenario (even if its (e.g.) the Justice-Party instead of
the Greens), then it's more important to find the best voting system
for the Green scenario.

You said that you're talking about voting systems for something closer
than the Green scenario. I don't think voting system reform is as
likely before the Green scenario.

Of course, though SDSC and FBC are mutually compatible, the most
popular methods that elect B in your example, Beatpath and RP, don't
meet FBC, and so are not adequate for current conditions (though they
seem to do excellently in organizational voting where FBC isn't needed
and there's no chicken dilemma).

Michael Ossipoff