[EM] [CES #8967] Score Voting and Approval Voting not practically substantially different from Plurality?

Abd ul-Rahman Lomax abd at lomaxdesign.com
Tue Jun 25 18:14:57 PDT 2013

At 05:24 PM 6/25/2013, Benjamin Grant wrote:

>Stephen doesn't realize that speaking about someone in the third person in
>front of them is a major dick move - or is *trying* to be a dick.

It's the norm in many groups. Using the second person is often
considered inappropriate in mails to a list with many readers. It
would be very weird in a personal mail, but not for something sent to
a community.

The question is to whom the piece is addressed. If it is saying
"Benjamin Grant is clueless" it is obviously not to you, but it isn't
behind your back, either.

And it's largely true, i.e., that's certainly how you occur to some
here. You are somewhat perceptive, but your understanding is raw,
unseasoned. N'est-ce pas?

You ticked off Warren by misrepresenting what he'd written in
response to you. That's how I read it. You might look back and see if
you did that, instead of just complaining about how rude he was.
Warren is an expert on voting systems and certain other topics, and
not expert in manners and courtesy. What do you expect?

Warren is quick to sarcasm but also quick to return to straightforard
communication. Try him, if you have questions. *Ask*. And *Listen.*
That doesn't mean lie down and believe whatever he says. Warren is not God.

Simply put as much effort, or more, into seeking to understand what
he writes, as he put into writing it. You'll likely learn something.