[EM] Score Voting and Approval Voting not practically substantially different from Plurality?

Juho Laatu juho.laatu at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 00:00:30 PDT 2013

On 25.6.2013, at 1.06, Kristofer Munsterhjelm wrote:

> Remember that criterion compliances are absolute. So a method may fail a criterion yet be perfectly acceptable in real elections.

I just want to support this viewpoint. It is not essential how many criteria a mehod violates. It is more important how bad those violations are, i.e. if the method likely have serious problems or not. The best method might well be a method that violates multiple criteria, but manages to spread the  (unavoidable) problems evenly so that all of them stay insignificant.

Juho