[EM] a re: Warren Smith's surveys.

David L Wetzell wetzelld at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 14:49:19 PDT 2013

One word: recursion.

Recursion amps up the learning curve for most folks, particularly the
math-challenged.

Both my short-cut and the way FairVote is melding IRV with Top Two primary
so there's only 4 candidates in the last round solve this problem by ending
the use of recursion.  It shd therefore be comparable and, just because
folks think they understand approval/score-voting, doesn't mean they really
understand it and the nuances of possible strategies with both rules.

Plus, see my reference about the politics of electoral reform and the need
for elite-mass interactions.  The bottom line is that electoral analytics
is the hand-maiden of electoral reform, not its queen.

dlw