[EM] Vague impossibility conjecture for monetizing voting systems

Warren D Smith warren.wds at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 09:27:47 PDT 2013

 CONJECTURE that no good monetization scheme can exist for
any reasonable voting system in large elections...

I have stated such a conjecture and sketched a proof (which is not a
real proof) of this impossibility conjecture here:
    http://rangevoting.org/MonetizedRV.html#monetfails

Probably a proof in full generality is not possible, but I'm pretty
sure it is possible to do better than I've done so far.  You might
want to think about this, it would be a pretty interesting
impossibility theorem.