[EM] Electorama wiki requires login to view????

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 08:19:32 PDT 2013

The electorama wiki is an important resource for communicating about new
methods. It allows linking to or searching for canonical definitions of the
methods we like to discuss here, and that many of us hope to promote for
real-world use. I just noticed that it has been set to not display pages
except to logged-in members. That is a serious problem, in my opinion.

I understand that it's not easy to deal with spam. But there must be a way
to handle this. Do we need more volunteers for the spam-fighting brigade?
Should there be a separate, quasi-secret URL (that is, one which is freely
announced in a human-readable format, but which is obfuscated from dumb
spambots) for editing? Or maybe some other solution I haven't thought of? I
don't know; but in my view, making the wiki members-only is a very bad
answer.

What do you think?

Jameson