[EM] Resonance

Richard Fobes ElectionMethods at VoteFair.org
Sun Jan 20 21:14:03 PST 2013

To Michael Ossipoff:

If you don't want to get hurt, then don't attack.  You attack with words
such as "your confusion," "your mistake," "wrong," etc. even where those
words do not apply.

In your initial "Resonance" message, you start by (mistakenly) claiming
I'm wrong, and afterward you say you weren't sure what I meant.  When
you don't understand what I write, please ask -- first.

This is related to the pattern I've seen repeatedly.  You ask for
feedback, but then you dismiss that feedback, then you "invite" more
feedback, and then you pretend that a lack of further responses to your
"invitations" implies that you are correct.

We (the participants here) don't want to waste time arguing with you
about fully supported statements -- such as those on Wikipedia -- that
are backed by lots of academically published articles.  Instead, here,
we want to explore what isn't as well known.

Some other participants here have expressed wonder as to why I'm so
patient in responding to some of your messages.  Optimistically I hope
that you will wake up to what's going on.

In addition, I want to clarify to readers of this forum who don't
understand all of what's going on here, that silence does not imply that
we agree with your statements and claims.

Your words "if true" suggest that you have doubts about my academic
claim, so I'll specify that I have a Bachelor of Science degree in
Physics from the University of California at Davis.  Additional
credentials (electronics technician, contract technical writer
specializing in documenting especially complex technology, and more) are
available on my LinkedIn page.

Your I-am-right-and-you-are-wrong comments (below) about resonance and
oscillation are not worthy of a reply.

Richard Fobes

Author of "The Creative Problem Solver's Toolbox" and "Ending The Hidden
Unfairness In U.S. Elections"