[EM] Survey of Multiwinner Methods

Greg Nisbet gregory.nisbet at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 14:13:56 PST 2013

I don't doubt that Asset has some desirable properties, but trying to
compare it to "conservative" methods like STV is difficult. In particular,
conservative multiwinner methods are more amenable to Bayesian Regret-type
simulations than methods with districts, parties, or candidates capable of
making decisions as well as to more traditional analyses with specific
criteria that a given method either passes or fails. It's hard to apply
either approach to comparing such different methods against each other,
even though it's relatively easy to compare methods within a class (e.g.
methods with parties, methods with agent-like candidates).