[EM] Responsible discussion. Acronyms.

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 10:31:16 PST 2013

Richard says:

...then we can move on to the more subtle voting-related issues that you
have also previously dismissed.

[endquote]

I asked Richard to specify what questions I've "dismissed". Instead of
an answer, we get another repetition of the claim

Of course it's reasonable to call for acronyms being defined at the
beginning of each thread.

"VUREPO" stands for Vague, Unsupported, Referentless, Expression of
Personal Opinion.

By the way, you're starting a new thread, a new "subject", with
"Responsible Discussion. Acronyms.".

I haven't intentionally not defined my acronyms. Richard is shocked
that I've "made up" some acronyms. (At least his exclamation-point
implies shock or surprise). New acronymss are customary, when
introducing a new term. Using a new term is customary for expressing a
new distinction, or naming a new criterion or method.

Other acronyms of mine that are widely accepted are FBC (for
Favorite-Betrayal Criterion), and MMC (for Mutual Majority Crirerion).

I very often spell out a new term, and then add the acronym after it,
in parentheses. I do that quite often, especially the first time I use
an acronym in a posting. I mean to do that with every relatively new
acronym, in every posting. I'll try to do so in every posting, or
certainly at least in every thread.

Mike Ossipoff