[EM] Wikipedia article needs editing

Kristofer Munsterhjelm km_elmet at t-online.de
Wed Aug 28 14:39:53 PDT 2013

On 08/28/2013 11:12 PM, Richard Fobes wrote:
> The Wikipedia article titled "Electoral reform in the United States"
> contains a heading "Electoral Reform Proposals" and then under that
> heading is a section titled "Instant-runoff voting".  Obviously this
> needs to be broadened to "Election-method reform" with IRV being just
> one kind of election-method reform.
>
> Does anyone have time to do this edit?  (I don't.)

I have quite a few real world issues to deal with right now, but I could
give some ideas that come to mind if others would like to edit it.

One could mention Condorcet, particularly Schulze, as being used in
different private organizations (usually of the technical variety), as a
more concrete type of electoral reform: the voting method is seen as a
tool, and the organizations reach for the tool known to them.
Then one could give a reference to Toby Nixon - or maybe not, since he
wasn't reelected.
Finally, there would definitely be room for a mention of the CES and of
Approval voting advocacy organizations (and possibly also CRV).