[EM] Current SODA not monotonic; fixable. (mono-voter-raise)

Richard Fobes ElectionMethods at VoteFair.org
Sun Apr 21 09:52:00 PDT 2013

On 4/19/2013 11:51 AM, Jameson Quinn wrote:
> Aside from my research paper, which is still progressing, I will soon be
> publishing a "note" about SODA and MODA on ArXiv, in which I prove
> MODA's compliances. Once my research paper, which will reference that
> "note", is peer-reviewed, I hope that will be enough to add MODA to
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voting_system#Compliance_of_selected_systems_.28table.29.
> It will join MJ and Ranked Pairs among the overall most-compliant
> systems in that table.

One possibility is that MODA might need to be a footnote that clarifies
a specific criterion for the SODA entry.  I might be wrong.  (I haven't
analyzed SODA/MODA carefully.)  I'm just thinking that MODA is really
the SODA method with an escape lever.  Whether or not someone pulls the
escape lever to get better compliance is not part of the MODA method
itself, right?