[EM] Juho: I agree to disagree

robert bristow-johnson rbj at audioimagination.com
Fri Sep 28 00:33:58 PDT 2012

On 9/28/12 2:32 AM, Juho Laatu wrote:
> Ok, thanks for the effort, trying to convince me.
>
> Juho
>

> On 28.9.2012, at 4.47, Michael Ossipoff wrote:
>
>> It's time to agree to disagree.
>>
>> But thank you for demonstrating (as if it needed more demonstrating on
>> EM) the impossibility of ever adopting or enacting a rank-method, due
>> to the innumerable different methods advocated by rank-method
>> advocates, who will never be able to agree on one; and due to the
>> innumerable criteria by which they "justify" their favorite methods.

i can live with one basic criterion:

if more voters agree that Candidate A is a better choice than Candidate
B than the number of voters that prefer B, then if at all possible,
let's not elect Candidate B.

simple, and hard to argue with.

but i know that Mike will argue with it.  perhaps i should un-plonk him.

r b-j                  rbj at audioimagination.com