[EM] OpenSTV 2.1.0 released and new OpaVote features

Jeffrey O'Neill jeff.oneill at openstv.org
Fri Sep 14 20:05:55 PDT 2012

OpenSTV 2.1.0 is now available for download<http://www.openstv.org/download>!
As most of my work in the last year has been on improving OpaVote, there
are not a lot of new features for OpenSTV. The primary new feature is the
ability to save election results in HTML format with pretty bar
charts<http://www.opavote.org/results/100002/0>.
You can also now save Condorcet results in HTML format but still working on
the best graphics to visualize Condorcet results.

The most exciting new feature for OpaVote is full encryption for election
voting pages! Since voting pages are now encrypted with
SSL<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Sockets_Layer>,
OpaVote can be used with confidence even for elections where people are
motivated to try to cheat the system. The weakest link in an OpaVote
election is now the security of the individual voter's email accounts.

Also, I am finally joining the social networking craze and have created
accounts on Facebook and Google+ for OpaVote and OpenSTV. I would
appreciate it if you could:

   - Plus one the G+ page here:
   https://plus.google.com/111850198888069322953/posts
   - Like the Facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/opavote

Feel free to follow me as well if you are interested in keeping up to date
on all the exciting new features for OpaVote and OpenSTV.

Last but not least, if you purchased OpenSTV in the last 60 days, I'll be
happy to give you a free upgrade to the latest version.

Thanks for your support,
Jeff

OpenSTV -- Software for counting STV and ranked-choice voting
OpaVote -- Online elections for ranked-choice voting
http://www.OpenSTV.org
http://www.OpaVote.org