[EM] A Reformer's Lament

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Sun Oct 28 01:35:59 PDT 2012

Welcome Jon,

> How would you folks handle primaries that would allow the 40% plus
> Independents to have a say?

I'm an engineer, so I often approach such questions on lines that are
unlike traditional electoral reform.  I describe one possibility here:
http://metagovernment.org/wiki/User:Michael_Allan/Public_parties

That's atypical even for me.  But among all the approaches I would
recommend there is a common theme, which is to enable individuals
(formally independent or not) to have a real vote, and a real say.
Not only the independents are lacking there.

Very best,
--
Michael Allan

Toronto, +1 416-699-9528