[EM] Let's clear up some confusion

Juho Laatu juho4880 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 4 15:51:34 PDT 2012

On 4.10.2012, at 23.53, Michael Ossipoff wrote:

>> I think you recommended Symmetrical ICT for informational polling. I guess you like and trust it within that framework.
>
> I like and trust Symmetrical ICT within every framework.
>
> In official public elections, I like and trust Symmetrical ICT.
>
> What I don't trust, in official public elections is the people who own
> and operate the machines that do the machine balloting, and the
> computerized counting. That's the "trust" reason why I don't propose
> any rank-balloting method for official public elections.

We went through this already once. My opinion was that machine balloting can be avoided if needed. Computerized counting is not a problem if the (securely recorded) ballots are public, or if many parties can double-check the results.

>>> We've agreed to disagree
>>> about which one of us has more familiarity with and contact with
>>> American voters.
>>
>> I disagree. :-)
>
> Do you mean that you disagree, in keeping with our agreement to
> disagree, or do you mean that you don't agree that you agreed to
> disagree.

Wasn't it an agreement that we disagree? If it wasn't then I must disagree now. :-)

> If it is the latter, then do you disagree that you agree to disagree
> because you agree?

You are deviating to the actual content. I'm certain I'd disagree also without this disagreement. :-)

> If so, then you agree with me about which one of us has more
> familiarity and contact with American voters.

I think we already quite certainly agree to disagree. And that's an agreement that we can agree. :-)

Juho