[EM] Other evaluative categories

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 12:04:09 PST 2012

First, because I often refer to the Democrat-disinformation (the
media-promotion that the corruption of the Democrats is acceptable,
and that the winner must always be a Democrat or a Republican), then I
should use an abbreviation to refer to it:

""DD" refers to a situation in which most of the voters believe the
Democrat-disinformation.

Under DD conditions, a method is adequate if it meets FBC.

A rank method justifies rank-balloting if it meets CD and at least
usually meets MMC.

Sometimes failing MMC isn't like sometimes failing FBC.

in DD conditions, with FBC-failing methods, favorite-burial becomes optimal.

A method that usually meets MMC is usually alright by MMC.

For example, the fact that Symmetrical ICT fails MMC when there's a
cycle among the majority-preferred candidates isn't a serious problem,
because it has been agreed, on EM, that natural (nonstrategic) cycles
will be rare.

But the mere possibility of a failure of FBC makes favorite-burial
optimal under DD conditions.

MMC and CD are very desirable, DD or not.

Under non-DD conditions:

Though FBC compliance isn't so _necessary_ under those conditions, it
remains very desirable.

That's why I rank IRV at the bottom of the methods that I'd approve
for non-DD conditions.

As I said, MMC and CD remain very desirable under DD conditions.

The fact that IRV passes CD, MMC, and LNHe--and, by passing LNHa, has
the best possible defection-proofness, greatly mitigates its FBC
failure under non-DD conditions.

That's why I'd approve IRV for non-DD elections (when worse methods
that could win are candidates in an election to choose a voting
system)..

An example of non-DD conditions would be an electorate that had just
elected a Green government.

To return to the question in my previous posting:

Are there any deluxe methods other than AOCBucklin?

Are there any super-deluxe or almost super-deluxe methods?

Mike Ossipoff