[EM] Definition of "at top"

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 08:43:45 PST 2012

Of course if, for Woodall's definitions, "at top" means "voted over
all of the other candidates, then Woodall's Mono-Add-Top is the same
as my Mono-Add-Solo-Top.

That would mean that my Mono-Add-Top isn't mentioned in Woodall's paper.

I looked for, and didn't find, a definition of "at top" in the Woodall
paper from which I quoted his Mono-Add-Top definition. We could
speculate about what "at top" means, for Woodall's definitions.

But I've made it clear what I mean by "at top":

A ballot votes X at top if it votes X over someone else, but doesn't
vote anyone over X..

[end of my definition of "at top"]

My added-ballot monotonicity definitions are fully defined, including
their needed supporting definitions. Some time ago, I posted to EM two
definitions of voting X over Y.

As I've said for some time, of course it's better to use the standard
accepted definitions, when there are such. But the important thing is
to fully specify one's definitions, and use them consistently.

Mike Ossipoff