[EM] Rebuttal to article by Mike Ossipoff

Adrian Tawfik adriantawfik at yahoo.com
Sun May 6 12:00:47 PDT 2012

Hi again everyone,
Thank you again for all the time you have dedicated to the articles for Democracy Chronicles.  First, I would like to send my warmest welcome to Mr. Bristow-Johnson.  It definitely is not too late to write something for the website.  The article you describe, an analysis of the effects of IRV voting in Burlington, would be perfect for the website and great for our readers.  You can send me the article anytime you like.  I can help you edit as much as you like, perhaps on google docs or Word, but I am open to any suggestion.

to Mr Ossipoff and Mr Fobes,
Thank you both for your help and support.  My suggestion for the issues you have run into may help.  I have found Mr. Fobes in the past to be very understanding and flexible in my experience and I not only benefited from his introduction of me to your group but also from his consistently helpful suggestions throughout the process.  He has been nothing short of a miracle for my website.  In this case, Mr. Fobes has already stated several times that he is open to changing the wording of the rebuttal.  Before Mr. Ossipoff writes a counter-rebuttal, I think it might help if we changed the wording of Mr. Fobes' rebuttal before publication to focus the rebuttal to be more of a regular article, under Mr. Fobes' name, that discusses the problems with Approval voting as he sees them.  We can link the articles together but we don't have to make it a direct rebuttal as much as an independent analysis of Approval.  I would personally be very happy if we had a
 writer supporting every possible method on display on your Wikipedia diagram  camparison:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voting_system#Compliance_of_selected_systems_.28table.29

As far as I'm concerned, with my current lack of knowledge, you could throw a dart at that diagram and we could publish an article describing the benefits of the method the dart landed on and another article on the problems.  The depth and diversity of election methodology that I have been exposed
 to since I met your group is reason enough to expose readers to
different opinions of all of the forum members.  I would like the website to be a place where articles about election-methodolgy are published next to articles on voter registration in the US and the possibility of elections in Yemen.  The world wants to hear your conversation.  Over 50% of our audience is outside of the US.  Thank you everyone for your continued help.  I am going to post Mr. Ossipoff's article very soon.  Do you have any thoughts, questions or comments?

Adrian

bristow-johnson