[EM] [Urgent] Information about M. Schulze

Rémi remipeyre at aol.com
Tue May 8 10:03:05 PDT 2012

Dear all,

A few days ago, I sent an e-mail personally to Markus Schulze to ask him some information about himself, as the popularization article I am currently writing deals with his eponymous method and it would be far better if I could link the concepts explained to alive, real people. But Markus did not answer to me, probably because he does not check his e-mail box very often, or because my e-mail was taken for spam. As I am very late (the article is to appear on next Friday!), I do not have the time to wait any more for Makus' answer, so I write to all of you to ask for the desired information.

Below are the questions I asked to Markus [*]. If one of you does know one or several answers, please send them to me.

«
- Which country are you from?
- When were you born? (and thus how old were you when you devised your method)
- What are you doing for a job now?
- And what were you doing for a job when you devised your method?
- Could you say a few words on the context in which you proposed your new idea: what was your goal, why were you interested in questions about the mathematics of democracy, what was the heuristics you followed, etc.?
- Could you send me a photograph of you? (either contemporary, or from the time you devised your method: bouth would be fine).
»

[*] Concerning the photograph, you may send one to me if you do have one, but I could not use it without Markus' authorization (anyhow, it could save some time if Markus aswered at the very last minute).

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Rémi Peyre