[EM] Reply to Lomax

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 12:05:55 PST 2012

Abd, I can't match your stamina, but I can suggest you take a serious
second look at SODA. It has a significant fraction of the advantages of
Asset and runoffs, without those. Asset, because it's delegated; and
runoffs, because it a stage (using the delegated votes) which happens after
the votes are counted, when it's clear who could really win.

Yes, I understand that in both cases these advantages are diluted. But in
return for that dilution, you get one-round decisiveness and ballot
simplicity, which are both things that voters like.

Jameson