[EM] Correction for ABucklin2

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 30 10:37:28 PDT 2012

It has occurred to me that, when, after the two deletions specified in my previous message and ABucklin2 definition,
every remaining candidate has votes from a majority of the voters, the count can no longer be a matter of proceeding
by Abucklin rules, which specify stopping as soon as someone gets a majority.

So I suggest that, instead, when those two deletions have been done, every ballot that hasn't yet given a vote to
a candidate currently possessing votes from a majority of the candidates, gives votes to all of the (undeleted) candidates above
its Approval cutoff. Then the winner is the(un-deleted) candidate who has the most votes.

So ABucklin2 balloting includes an Approval cutoff.

So, my complete definition of ABucklin2:

Same as Abucklin, except that:

If, after any particular Bucklin vote-giving round, two or more candidates have votes from a majority of the voters,
then:

1. Delete every candidate who doesn't have votes from a majority of the voters.
2. Delete every ballot that has given a vote to a candidate currently possessing votes from a majority of the voters.
3. Each undeleted ballot gives votes to the undeleted candidates above its Approval-cutoff. The candidate with the most votes wins.

[end of ABucklin2 definition]

I can't say for sure, at this point, if that's the best definition. But, unlike my previous definition, it makes sense. It's
probably the best way to proceed in each voter's bests interest, and is most in the spirit of MTA2.

Mike Ossipoff