[EM] IIAC. Juho: Census re-districting instead of PR for allocating seats to districts.

Juho Laatu juho4880 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jun 25 22:59:29 PDT 2012

On 26.6.2012, at 5.14, Michael Ossipoff wrote:

> But you're right, Juho, we must agree to disagree.
>
> Here is what me must agree to disagree on: The matter of whether or not people have a right to equal representation.

Sorry but I think I have to agree with you here (or you better have a good explanation if you think that people should not have right to equal representation) ;-).

Btw, if we really want best possible proportionality, a natural path to take would be to give different representatives different voting power. There is plenty of research space available here.

Juho