[EM] IIAC. Juho: Census re-districting instead of PR for allocating seats to districts.

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 19:19:10 PDT 2012

There was a typo in my posting that I've just posted.

I'd said:

That means that it's putting all of the districts' seat-allocation as close
as possible to the same number.

And that means that it's putting all of the districts' seat allocations
quite close to eachother

[endquote]

I meant:

That means that it's putting all of the districts' representation per
person as close as possible to the same number.

And that means that it's putting the districts' representation per person
quite close to eachother.

No, it doesn't necessarily quite minimize the greatest difference in
representation per person. But it keeps it quite small, something that LR
doesn't even try to do, for the reason given above.    ...as exemplified by
the transfer property that I described.

Mike Ossipoff