[EM] Nontechnical words for cardinal and ordinal categories?

Richard Fobes ElectionMethods at VoteFair.org
Thu Jun 21 10:56:44 PDT 2012

I agree that the name "score ballot" or "score voting" is relatively
self-evident.

In contrast, "rated ballot" and "rated voting" are ambiguous (similar to
"preferential ballot" being ambiguous).

And I agree that "cardinal" and "ordinal" are not clear.  Plus many
people are going to associate those words with birds, not numbers.