[EM] Sainte-Lague vs d'Hondt for party list PR

Juho Laatu juho4880 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jul 13 00:39:17 PDT 2012

I think you are making the question quite complex and quite detailed. I also don't know if this is a reply to something specific that I said or just general observations on what kind of systems I might like.

One basic approach that I find quite decent is the idea that if one wants to have accurate proportional representation, then n% of the votes should lead to approximately n% of the seats. That in a way says something about the roots of the idea of proportional representation. Is this a helpful definition of my rough approach or should I say something more?

Juho