[EM] Campaign contribution reform

Richard Fobes ElectionMethods at VoteFair.org
Wed Feb 22 12:58:55 PST 2012

On 2/21/2012 4:04 PM, Jameson Quinn wrote:
 > I think that voting reform is not a substitute for campaign finance
 > reform, but that they are complementary. ...

I agree they are complementary.  And I'm glad there are people working
on campaign-finance reform.

My focus is on election-method reform because we now use a primitive(!)
voting method that is very vulnerable to manipulation by money.

As I see it, election-method reform will untie the hands of lawmakers so
that they can pass more meaningful campaign-finance reform laws.
(Currently such "reforms" only pass when the law has a loophole.)

Richard Fobes