[EM] [CES #4429] Looking at Condorcet

Richard Fobes ElectionMethods at VoteFair.org
Thu Feb 2 21:09:39 PST 2012

On 2/2/2012 11:07 AM, Kristofer Munsterhjelm wrote:
> On 02/02/2012 05:28 AM, Jameson Quinn wrote:
>
>> I honestly think that honest rating is easier than honest ranking.

> As a contrast, to me, ranking is easier than rating. ...

I too find ranking easier than rating.

This seems to be a pattern.  Those of us who prefer ranking tend to
prefer Condorcet methods, and those who prefer rating tend to prefer
Range or Majority Judgement.

I will add that in a survey I prefer rating because I want to convey
relative preferences that cross between the different questions.  But in
elections, I do not care about expressing preferences across the
different contests.

Richard Fobes