[EM] Democracy Chronicles Interview Articles

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 12:09:25 PDT 2012

Hi Adrian, and other EM members:

All of us are delighted that you and Democracy Chronicles agree with us
about the absolute necessity of an adequate voting system. So few peope
realize how key that is., at the center of the problem. Few people realize
the extent of Plurality's distortion, disregard and  contravention of the
public's wishes. Few people realize the full enormity of the consequences
of that, the degree to which it explains the universally-felt dismay and
disapproval of our political results. So it's very good news, when we find
out that we aren't the only ones interested in fixing the voting-system
problem.

There is one small addition that I want to make, to my article that I
posted. One small paragraph to add:

After the heading that says, "Approval strategy:", I want to insert this
small paragraph:

"Experience with the several interesting and instructive presidential
mock-elections that we've held at the election-methods mailing list
suggests to me that, in Approval, voters will typically just know whom they
want to approve. They'll have an intutitive feel for whom they want to
approve. The suggestions below are merely for any time when they don't."

[end of article addition]

I'll add this to the article that I posted, and repost the resulting new
version.

Mike Ossipoff