[EM] Correction: "Smith set" instead of "winning set"

Dave Ketchum davek at clarityconnect.com
Fri Apr 20 20:23:40 PDT 2012

It pays to be careful when rearranging topics.

Here is a quote from Wikipedia, where they have to be careful:
> In voting systems, the Smith set, named after John H. Smith, is the
> smallest non-empty set of candidates in a particular election such
> that each member beats every other candidate outside the set in a
> pairwise election.

"beats" is what I went looking for.  Note that such as "1st rank
level" are not mentioned - most CW s and cycle members are such, but
the definition does not demand that all such be first rank.

DWK