[EM] Who can sign the declaration?

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 13:57:41 PDT 2012

Richard already answered about how to sign the declaration (just say so
here, and give any additional info such as credentials or favorite system,
though arguments of why are out-of-place.)

> So, my 2nd question in this post is: If anyone can sign the declaration,
> then how does one sign it. Where does one e-mail to, or what website
> does one go to?
>
> The declaration, as I remember, favorably mentions or recommends 5 methods
> (with the understanding that there could be other good ones):

It recommends 4 methods. If for some reason you don't want to just
read it<http://www.bansinglemarkballots.org/>,
here's my summary:

> Approval
> Range or Score Voting
> Majority Judgement (median point totals)

You missed Condorcet (does not specify which form)

It also mentions 2 others:

> SODA (simple optionally delegated Approval)

In the declaration, SODA is mentioned as "too soon to recommend but merits
further study".

> IRV

The declaration mentions both advantages and disadvantages of IRV, and says
that there are both signers who support and those who oppose the system.

Jameson