[EM] Democracy Chronicles, upcoming multiple articles

Richard Fobes ElectionMethods at VoteFair.org
Sun Apr 15 10:54:43 PDT 2012

More great news!  The Democracy Chronicles wants to write a series of
articles, first about the Declaration and the forum, and then a separate
article about each of the people who have responded to the interview
questions.  See below for details:

On 4/14/2012 5:49 PM, Adrian Tawfik wrote:
> Dear Mr. Fobes,
> Thank you for your help so far, this has been a fascinating bunch of
> readings from obviously well informed people. After much deliberation I
> have decided that we will do a separate article for each of the experts
> who answered the questions and present to the audience the complete
> individual responses to the questions with only cosmetic changes.
>
> The first article I will do is to introduce the group and the
> Declaration. I have attached the first draft of this article to this
> email in a Word document so that you can take a look and make any edits
> or suggestions you might like. If you do make an edit, it would be best
> if you could use the Track Changes function on Word so that I can see
> what you have done. I'm not sure what you think about this, but I used
> some of your wording to describe the Declaration in the second paragraph
> and melded it with my own. I use a quote that is attributed to you later
> on but I'm not sure if you are ok with me using some of your wording
> within the article and giving you part of the byline.
>
> Three or four days after we publish that first article, we can publish
> your personal interview answers absolutely complete with a paragraph or
> two introduction by me. We will release each article a few days to a
> week after the previous one. I don't know what you think but I was
> thinking of the following order for the articles with your article going
> first and the rest in alphabetical order by last name.
>
> We can come up with a good title and subtitle for the articles which for
> the first article that is attached here will be something like "Election
> Method Reform Experts Unite to Make Declaration". We need a subtitle of
> similar length for each article. I also will have to pick out some free
> pictures from Flickr to put with the articles.
>
> Can you post in the forum that each person will have their own articles?
> If they have more info they would like to send me please feel free to
> give them my email. I will use as much information for each interview as
> I have but I would love a way to communicate with them individually to
> dig a little deeper. Is there a way I can contact them? Can I post
> something in the forum?
>
> Once again I must thank you for all your help. You have made these
> articles possible. If you would like to talk over the phone, my number
> is [...].
>
> Sincerely,
> Adrian

I removed Adrian's phone number, but I will facilitate a direct
connection with him for those of you who answered the questions.  Plus
I'll invite him to join the forum.

I have not yet looked at the attachment; I'm expediting this message so
that you-all know what's going on.

Richard Fobes