[EM] Is there any profile where IRV is worse than Plurality?

Toby Pereira tdp201b at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Sep 23 16:32:38 PDT 2011

Andy

Candidates can go up the rankings or down when a candidate is eliminated in IRV, and it's possible to do both in different rounds. A plurality winner could slip down and be eliminated in a case where they would have still gone up again and won had they not been eliminated. So:

30: A>B>C>D
26: B>A>C>D
24: C>A>B>D
10: D>B>A>C