[EM] Kemeny challenge

Richard Fobes ElectionMethods at VoteFair.org
Thu Sep 15 15:51:09 PDT 2011

On 9/14/2011 10:21 AM, Jameson Quinn wrote:

> 2011/9/14 Richard Fobes <ElectionMethods at votefair.org
> <mailto:ElectionMethods at votefair.org>>

>     Regardless of the results, remember that real elections only require
>     identifying the winner, whereas here we are discussing the
>     computation time for producing a full ranking.
>
> Is there any way to prove that X is the winner, if they aren't the CW
> and you don't have the full ranking?
>
> JQ

A winner who is not the Condorcet winner can be proven using the same
method as identifying the winner.  Keep in mind it's not necessary to
calculate every sequence score to determine which sequence has the
highest score.  I'll explain more later when I have time to write the
longer reply to Warren's multiple-point message.

Richard Fobes