[EM] SODA unfairly hobbles nonparanoid voters.

⸘Ŭalabio‽ Walabio at macosx.com
Mon Sep 5 14:18:47 PDT 2011

	2011-09-05T18:31:16Z, “Jameson Quinn” <Jameson.Quinn at Gmail.Com>:

> 	SODA was initially designed as a single-winner system.

	Sorry but it looks like a terrible degraded form of Asset-Voting.

> 	I believe that as such, it has four independent advantages, three of which are unmatched by any other good system.

	[snip/]

	I just do not see any of those advantages.  As far as simplicity, one cannot beat approval:

Approve:
	+1

Neutral or no opnion:
	0

Reject:
	-1

	+1	0	-1	Name

	[ ]	[ ]	[ ]	Alpha
	[ ]	[ ]	[ ]	Bravo
	[ ]	[ ]	[ ]	Charlie
	[ ]	[ ]	[ ]	Delta
	[ ]	[ ]	[ ]	Echo
	[ ]	[ ]	[ ]	Foxtrot
	[ ]	[ ]	[ ]	Golf
	[ ]	[ ]	[ ]	Hotel
	[ ]	[ ]	[ ]	India
	[ ]	[ ]	[ ]	Juliet
	[ ]	[ ]	[ ]	Kilo
	[ ]	[ ]	[ ]	Mike
	[ ]	[ ]	[ ]	November
	[ ]	[ ]	[ ]	Oscar
	[ ]	[ ]	[ ]	Papa
	[ ]	[ ]	[ ]	Quebec
	[ ]	[ ]	[ ]	Romeo
	[ ]	[ ]	[ ]	Sierra
	[ ]	[ ]	[ ]	Tango
	[ ]	[ ]	[ ]	Uniform
	[ ]	[ ]	[ ]	Victor
	[ ]	[ ]	[ ]	Whiskey
	[ ]	[ ]	[ ]	Yankee

	Since I cannot find anything nice to say about SODA, after this reply and 1 to  “Toby Pereira” <Tdp201B at Yahoo.Co.Uk>, I shall drop the subject.

>	JQ

	“⸘Ŭalabio‽”