[EM] Declaration ... - political-party & direct-participation side issues

Fred Gohlke fredgohlke at verizon.net
Mon Sep 5 13:27:29 PDT 2011

Good Afternoon, Richard

I've just spent the last couple of hours going over the material at
www.NegotiationTool.com and www.votefair.org. I enjoyed my visit.

re: "As for promoting direct public participation in the
      political process, first we have to develop election-
      method 'tools' that support such participation."

Precisely!

When I said "I simply fear the purpose of reforming electoral methods is
lost in the verbiage engulfing the reforms", I was expressing my concern
that too much attention was being paid to the arcana of counting methods
and too little to the development of election-method 'tools' that
support public participation in the electoral process.

Still, whatever my hopes and fears, you are correct in categorizing
these as 'side issues' to the task to completing the Declaration.

Fred Gohlke