[EM] Declaration of Election-Method Experts and Enthusiasts

Richard Fobes ElectionMethods at VoteFair.org
Sat Sep 3 10:38:35 PDT 2011

To: Fred Gohlke

I agree that our Declaration only reduces, and does not completely
eliminate, control of politics by political parties and political-party
leaders.  Yet, as you have pointed out in other messages, we need to
take one step at a time.

After we have disseminated this Declaration we can move on to attempting
to find some kind of consensus for proportional-representation methods,
and then write and disseminate a separate Declaration on that topic, and
that PR-based Declaration (if followed) will further reduce control by
political-party leaders (and their followers).  Then, presumably years
from now, we can move on to developing, and reaching consensus about,
voting methods that fully bypass party politics.

As you have correctly pointed out, we need to take one step at a time.

Richard Fobes