[EM] [CES #3834] condorcet & range voting -- which one yields more condorcet winners?

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 05:19:55 PDT 2011

Note that the "more Condorcet-like than Condorcet" is only true for Range if
voters are strategic *and somewhat knowledgeable about the polls*. It is
true for Majority Judgment under the same conditions, but also when any
fraction of voters are honest and ideology is one dimensional; I believe
that it holds for N dimensions but I have not proven it. It is true for SODA
if most voters agree with their candidate's rankings. I believe that these
conditions for MJ and SODA are broader than the conditions for Range.

Jameson