[EM] Help requested: rankings corresponding to pairwise array

Andy Jennings elections at jenningsstory.com
Mon Oct 10 15:11:03 PDT 2011

If all you care about are margins, then you can build up the pairwise array
from "atomic" pairs of voters.

For example, I consider ABCD and DCAB to be an atom for A>B because all
other pairwise races cancel out, yielding the following margins matrix:

  |  A  |  B  |  C  |  D  |
===+=====+=====+=====+=====+
 A |   0 |  +2 |   0 |   0 |
 B |  -2 |   0 |   0 |   0 |
 C |   0 |   0 |   0 |   0 |
 D |   0 |   0 |   0 |   0 |

But I don't know how this fits in with the way you calculate approval.

~ Andy Jennings