[EM] PR approval voting

Toby Pereira tdp201b at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 4 10:59:51 PDT 2011

My system isn't quota based and doesn't involve any reweighting or redistribution. It looks at every possible result (potentially problematic in itself) and works out a score for each one. Because there is no redistribution, a voter can lose out more than some other systems by voting too high for a candidate that is going to get elected anyway. But I would argue that it gives the best proportional results for honest voting, and could still potentially deliver good overall results unless some candidates' supporters are much better at adopting strategy than others. A bit like with single-winner range where you wouldn't expect one particular faction of voters to vote approval style and "ruin" the whole thing. (Not that it would necessarily ruin it)