[EM] Election-Methods Digest, Vol 88, Issue 39

Kathy Dopp kathy.dopp at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 10:45:20 PDT 2011

>   3. Re: Declaration Status

I still don't fully understand this statement:

Majority Judgment ... If there is a tie for first place, the method
repeatedly removes one median score from each tied candidate until the
tie is broken.

My question is: How is the one median score selected to be removed
from each tied candidate? And why is this a good tie-breaking method?

Thanks.

Kathy Dopp
http://electionmathematics.org
Town of Colonie, NY 12304
"One of the best ways to keep any conversation civil is to support the
discussion with true facts."
"Renewable energy is homeland security."

Fundamentals of Verifiable Elections
http://kathydopp.com/wordpress/?p=174

View some of my research on my SSRN Author page:
http://ssrn.com/author=1451051