[EM] STV and single constraints, like gender quotas

James Gilmour jgilmour at globalnet.co.uk
Sun Nov 27 07:58:27 PST 2011

Peter
If you haven't already found the Church of England Regulations for "STV with constraints", they are here:
  http://www.churchofengland.org/media/1307318/stv%20regulations.doc
These are the only published regulations for "STV with constraints" that I know of.

Your first link (below) is to a Joe Otten paper that describes one way of "ordering a list with STV".  If that is one of the tasks
you have, you may find it useful also to look at the method devised by Colin Rosenstiel:
  http://www.cix.co.uk/~rosenstiel/stv/orderstv.htm
and
  http://www.cix.co.uk/~rosenstiel/stv/ordstvdt.htm

James Gilmour