[EM] MMPO tiebreakers that don't violate FBC.

Kristofer Munsterhjelm km_elmet at lavabit.com
Sun Nov 27 02:58:18 PST 2011

fsimmons at pcc.edu wrote:
> Mike,
>
> I like MMPO2 because (unlike MMPO1) it takes into account opposition from
> supporters of eliminated candidates, so is more broad based, and it is easily
> seen to satisfy the FBC. Also it allows more brad based support than MMPO3 where
> only the support by top raters is considered in the tie breaking process.

MMPO2 sounds a lot like what I've called Ext-Minmax, but with pairwise
opposition instead of wv or margins.

I originally devised of Ext-Minmax to resolve some tie problems while
checking Smith,Minmax(margins) for mono-add-top failures - I didn't find
any, but Kevin Venzke did.

What would the pairwise opposition equivalent of the Smith set be? Would
it still be the Smith set - and would Smith,Ext-MMPO (to coin a term)
pass mono-add-top?