[EM] More non-altruistic attacks on IRV usage.

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 20:21:28 PST 2011

> Both Score and Approval are non-starters, because of the nature of the
> ballot.  but a ranked ballot is not a non-starter,

Score and Approval are not the only rated systems. I favor a rated ballot -
both more information and, if you can avoid the strategic burden, actually
easier for the voter. But the way to avoid the strategic burden is with MJ
or SODA. ("Avoid" in this context is not "eliminate", but "minimize to
practical irrelevance".)

Jameson