[EM] Fwd: Ranked Choice Voting a Clear Winner in St. Paul Elections

Kathy Dopp kathy.dopp at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 11:05:13 PST 2011

I would believe nothing whatsoever that comes from the mouth of the
organization FairVote. Usually FairVote spokespersons espouse the
opposite of the truth.  For instance, this is the same organization
that continues to falsely claim that IRV solves the spoiler problem of
a nonwinning candidate whose presence in the contest alters who would
otherwise win - not; and falsely claims that IRV finds "majority
winners" by misleadingly redefining the word "majority" to exclude all
the voters whose ballots are exhausted by the final round; and falsely
tells voters that IRV allows them to safely vote their true preference
without worrying about causing their least favorite candidate to win,
etc. and on and on.  Virtually nothing coming from the mouth of that
organization is true.  Notice their informal poll could have
characterized a 10% confusion rate as "almost uniform ease". Who
knows.  I have learned to trust nothing coming from that misnomered
organization.

> From: David L Wetzell <wetzelld at gmail.com>
> To: EM <election-methods at lists.electorama.com>
> Subject: [EM] Fwd: Ranked Choice Voting a Clear Winner in St. Paul
>        Elections
>
> it seems that voters in St Paul liked using IRV for city council elections.
>
> dlw

Kathy Dopp
http://electionmathematics.org
Town of Colonie, NY 12304
"One of the best ways to keep any conversation civil is to support the
discussion with true facts."
"Renewable energy is homeland security."

Fundamentals of Verifiable Elections
http://kathydopp.com/wordpress/?p=174

View some of my research on my SSRN Author page:
http://ssrn.com/author=1451051