[EM] IRV variants

Richard Fobes ElectionMethods at VoteFair.org
Mon Nov 7 20:38:47 PST 2011

On 11/6/2011 2:27 AM, Jameson Quinn wrote:
> I just realized I didn't give my IRV3/AV3 variant system a name. I think
> I'll call it 3-2-1 voting, because it is a pretty natural way (in my
> mind at least) to eliminate down in that fashion.

This name might cause confusion with the term "1-2-3 ballot".

Also note that "1-2-3 ballot" self-suggests its meaning, but "3-2-1
voting" does not self-suggest "elimination" or any other aspect of a
vote-counting method.

Taking it a step further, math-phobic folks will think the method can't
count correctly.

(I suggest considering a name that includes the word "elimination", or a
variation of that word.)

Richard Fobes