[EM] A design flaw in the electoral system

Fred Gohlke fredgohlke at verizon.net
Fri Nov 4 11:49:27 PDT 2011

Good Afternoon, Jonathan

re:  Not entirely. In his Republic, the rulers were the
      Guardians, wise folks like himself, who live in
      poverty and rule benevolently. Plato for Senate!

That was Plato's idea of how things 'should be', not how they were.  In
any case, he did not see himself as one of 'the people' he referred to -
a fallacy that plagues us to this day.  Those who refer to 'the people'
as 'sheeple' perpetuate this nonsense.

Our woes will not cease until our political seers move past thinking of
themselves as more gifted than the rest of humanity.

We have no shortage of individuals with the intellect and integrity to
represent the people.  What we lack is an election method that lets the
people find and elect them.  Can you help accomplish that?

Fred Gohlke